Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Diamonds and Pearls!


The formation of a natural pearl begins when a foreign substance slips into the oyster between the mantle and the shell, which irritate­s the mantle. It's kind of like the oyster getting a splinter. The oyster's natural reaction is to cover up that irritant to protect itself. The mantle covers the irritant with layers of the same nacre substance that is used to create the shell. This eventually forms a pearl. So a pearl is a foreign substance covered with layers of nacre.

Diamonds come to the surface when magma from far below the Earth’s surface begins coming up. Since diamonds are found at such incredible depths – three to four times deeper than the depth at which a normal volcano originates – magma upsurges deep enough to bring them to the surface are relatively rare. Once this magma cools, it forms a rock known as kimberlite – or sometimes lamproite – which may be used as an indicator that diamonds may be found in that area.

What is so beautiful and rich actually begins by being irritated, or upsurges from the depths of the earth under pressure and intense heat. Again, I am so amazed how God gave us simple messages through nature and how He shows us that an irritant or something that had to be brought up from the depths of the earth, actually emerges into something beautiful.

Most of the time when I am irritated or under intense pressure I don't feel beautiful, and I don't always see the good that's going to come out of those situations. Yet faith and a promise has kept me moving forward and knowing that if I go through the natural processes of letting God work those irritating or high pressured situations, something beautiful will emerge in me. Some days I'm a diamond. Some days I'm a pearl. A lot of days I am diamonds and pearls!

No comments:

Post a Comment